What is a Class Representative?
The Class Representative Program is a new initiative launched by the University of New Orleans Alumni Association to provide a network of classmates to keep alumni in touch with each other and the University. Class Representatives serve as liaisons between their classmates and the University.
Characteristics of a Class Representative:
- A registered member of the UNO Alumni Association (registration is free, quick, and easy at www.UNOAlumni.com)
- A strong commitment to the University of New Orleans
- An annual financial commitment to the University at any level
- The ability and drive to network with former classmates through various channels—events, social media (as appropriate), email, phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- A commitment to this position for multiple years. There is no ‘term limit’ for a Class Representative, however, when a Class Representative is no longer able or interested in fulfilling their duties, they are expected to help recruit their replacement
Serve with a team of Class Representatives to:
- Encourage classmates to reconnect and stay connected by promoting University news and events
- Help to plan and promote class reunions and other events throughout the year
- Inform the UNO Alumni Association about personal news items, such as moves, marriages, family changes, new jobs, and awards and recognitions about classmates
- Encourage classmates to support the University financially at any level
- Serve as a host for alumni events by attending and contacting classmates
- Help the Alumni Association to identify “lost” alumni
- Be creative and have fun!
Time/Meeting Requirements = Average 2 hours monthly
- March/April Class Representative Applications Available
- April Class Representative Selection
- May 9 Host Association tent at Crawfish Mambo 2015
- May/June Half-day Class Representative Orientation
- June-October Reunion Planning Meeting (monthly)
- August Provide bio and picture for Annual Fund Mail-Out
- November Alumni Week -- Reunion Event
Hosted during Alumni Week with the following schedule:
2015: 1960s 2016: 1970s 2017: 1980s
2018: 1990s 2019: 2000s 2020: 2010s
- December 3 Alumni Association Annual Meeting & Soiree
Contact Jason Guilbeau at email@example.com or (504) 280-6394.